Duration: 4 hours
Time: 09:00 - 13:00
8 places available
25% Discount applies when you subscribe to the Essential Core Service.
Please note: This course is not booked on this day, you can enquire and arrange for this training to be delivered on your site on a suitable day for upto 8 delegates
About This Course
Aim: To provide an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety and promote a positive health and safety culture.
Suitable for all members of school leadership or management teams; this assessed course has four modules.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
Module 1 - Health and Safety Law and Enforcement
· Outline health and safety responsibilities and accountability within a school setting;
· Have a simple understanding of the Health and Safety At Work Etc. Act; and
· Understand the law and enforcement/legal action that can be taken for non-compliance.
Module 2 - Health and Safety Regulations
· Understand key health and safety regulation requirements for a number of key issues and identify measures that can be implemented to ensure compliance.
Module 3 - Accidents and Incidents
· Differentiate between an accident, incident or near miss;
· Determine whether ‘incidents’ require reporting under RIDDOR; and
· Have a simple understanding of how to undertake an investigation and evaluate accident causation.
Module 4 - Proactive Health and Safety
· Understand how to implement an effective health and safety management system within their establishment and what this entails.
PLEASE READ THE COURSE DESCRIPTION /DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING ONTO THESE COURSES; WCC CORPORATE HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLBEING REQUIRE SCHOOLS (WHERE WCC ARE THE EMPLOYER) TO ATTEND THEIR TRAINING. COMMUNITY AND VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOLS SHOULD RING 01926 476803
This course has a closed book assessment at the end of the training; delegates must achieve a pass mark of >80% to successfully complete the course. Whilst there is no formal qualification, the assessment is designed to confirm delegates have understood the course content.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.