Duration: three-part morning course
Time: 09:30 - 11:30
8 places available
Lunch will be provided
This session is aimed at supporting new clerks, helping them to get set up in their role and understand the resources needed to be effective. Attending the session will provide clerks with knowledge and advice regarding:
- Clerks' duties and good practice
- Organising administration and priorities
- Roles and responsibilities of the governing board, particularly in supporting school improvement
- Best practice for taking minutes and recording challenge from governors and the responses from the school's leadership
- Supporting the chair with annual requirements and governor vacancies, including conducting governor elections.
The session includes valuable information to keep Clerks up to date with developments in governance and clerking. It also provides Clerks with an opportunity to network.