Time: 09:30 - 16:00
14 places available
Address: Pound Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 7RT
Key Stage 1
Who is it for:
· Teachers and Teaching Assistants supporting children with language delay in Reception and Key Stage 1.
Key Information about Talk Boost:
· Talk Boost is a structured and robustly evidenced based programme developed by
I CAN, a national charity leading in the field of speech, language and communication.
· National trials show it can boost a child’s communication skills by an average of
18 months after 10 weeks’ intervention.
· Talk Boost provides classroom staff with effective strategies and practical activities
that children enjoy which focus on:
- listening and attention;
- developing vocabulary;
- sentence building;
- building conversations.
· Pupil Premium – this intervention has shown to close the gap between 4-7 year old with language delay and their peers.
We will provide:
Accredited specialist Trainer
Evaluation for school after training
Ongoing coaching/mentoring role if requested
Date: Thurs 28th Nov 2019 at Pound Lane Learning Centre, Pound Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 7RT -
9:30 – 4:00pm – Cost - £100 per pair (Teacher & TA)
lunch is not provided
Teacher Manuals and resources need to be purchased from ICAN and brought along on the day (rough material cost is £500.00)