Heritage Education Service
We bring the past to life through creative and immersive workshops that will inspire your students.
Workshops cover a range of curriculum topics to support your teaching of history and STEM topics.
All workshops are led by a Group Leader who is also a qualified teacher. You can visit us at one of our sites in Warwick St Johns House, Market Hall Museum, Priory House, the County Record Office or at our classroom at Kingsbury Water Park (the offer is limited here). We are also able to come to you and deliver workshops in your classroom and save your time organising a trip out.
Our service is available on a buy as you need bases.
More details can be found through the buy as you need link above or, please contact Heritage Education on 01926 412069 or visit the Heritage Website Here for futher information.
Services you can purchase
The Heritage Education Service is offered on a buy as you need basis. You can visit our sites or we can come and deliver a project within your school. We have such a broad range of services, you will find something for all key stages from Primary through to Secondary and our services can all be adapted to suit your individual curriculum needs. We are on hand throughout the booking process and during the visit to make the day run smoothly for you and the students. Sites can offer indoor lunch facilities if required and outdoor spaces for students to use in the lunch break. Drop off facilities for coaches are close by. Highlights of our services include:
- Spend a day exploring a specific time period including Romans, Anglo Saxons and Tudors
- Bring us into your classroom with Ancient Egyptian artefacts or a whole day exploring the Stone Age. Other workshops are available.
- Step back in time at St John's House Museum and experience life as a Victorian child. Look out for our seasonal workshops in the summer and at Christmas.
- Book a Jurassic journey and hunt for Jurassic fossils with our Rocks and Fossils workshop at Cross Hands Quarry.
- Extend you experience and borrow a loans box with original and replica historic objects to continue inspiring your class back in the classroom.
- Play History Detectives and use a selection of original maps, photographs and other documents from the County Record Office to find out what life was like in the past on a range of topics including World War One, Crime and Punishment and Medicine through Time.
A full list of the workshops we offer, and current prices, can all be found on the Heritage Education web pages.
For more information or to purchase our buy as you need services, please contact Heritage Education on 01926 412069 or visit the Heritage Website Here