Education Safeguarding Training Service
Support for your school to fulfil its statutory responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Our training courses provide your staff with the awareness and knowledge they need in this vital
- area of work
- Your designated safeguarding leads will get the information needed to develop their expertise
- You get support to meet your statutory requirements for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Our training service forms part of the wider safeguarding advice, guidance and support service providing you with seamless support in this area of work
Quotes from our course delegates during 2018:
Newly Appointed Training:
- “The training was really informative and useful to speak to colleagues from secondaries as well as different primary schools”.
- “Very interesting course (although emotional too), well presented with a good balance of listening, watching and discussion”.
- “Excellent delivery! Engaging session, when discussing a difficult topic”.
- “A very informative and supportive environment. Excellent information delivered in a very accessible way. Group activities very useful”.
- “I wish I could have had this level of training when I became a DSL 15 years ago. It covers all the elements I have needed e.g. difficult conversations, but with new topics it was much more than a refresher. It was excellent”.
- “High quality training recommended by other DSLs/DSPs in Warwickshire. By far the best local authority training I have done!”
- “Well led, well run and sufficient pace”
- “Keeps it fresh. I feel more confident - updates are so important”
- “A very good day- well paced good amounts of info and activity”
- “Always extremely high quality presentation with a good balance of information, interaction and discussion”
- “Thought it was really good training and had lots of new information. Always good to have a reminder of things”
- “Today has reinforced key messages and brought aspects of KCSiE into context”
Safer Employment Training:
- “A full and interesting day, essential information clarifying the responsibilities of schools. Great examples around safeguarding and professional and clear presentation”
- “Hard going but useful, relevant information. The time to think and discuss was useful”
- “Eye opening, great guidance, useful discussions with colleagues/peers”
- “Trainers are engaging, knowledgeable and passionate. Excellent delivery, recommended”
Whole School Training:
- “Found the training informative and extremely beneficial, thank you”
- “Training was effectively delivered with comprehensive content”
- “The training was motivating and confidence building”
- “Delivered in an interactive way and very informative providing essential support to us within our job roles”
Protective Behaviours Training:
- “Thanks for a course that will empower everyone in school to help and support the vulnerable members of our community”
- “Practical activities, really interesting and thought provoking content”
- “Bedrock for teaching and learning”
- “Keeping a serious topic light hearted but remaining professional”
- “Excellent content and delivery, understanding during emotive content”
- “A very good course that should inspire some debate with real issues to safeguarding”
- “Very helpful training - well delivered as always! Adrian kept everything relevant and very informative.
Services you can purchase
We offer a range of courses for individual staff, governors or whole staff groups on a buy as you need basis.
Available courses include:
- Newly Appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads – two day programme for staff with responsibility for child protection & safeguarding
- Refresher training for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) – one day refresher course that provides staff with updated information and understanding
- Safer Recruitment – This is a nationally accredited course. Recruitment panels in schools need to have at least one person who has undertaken this training
- Taking Care Scheme/Protective Behaviours Training – supporting staff to develop a protective environment and deliver a protective curriculum to the children
- Child Protection and Safeguarding – training whole school staff groups
- Preventing Radicalisation Train the Trainer – support for new DSLs to train staff in Prevent
- Prevent Update – for experienced DSLs who have already trained staff in Prevent
- Reflective Supervision Skills – supporting experienced DSLs to develop their skills in supervising and supporting staff in order to safeguard children effectively